Missy Elliott Platinum Albums Accomplishment Makes History!!!
Missy Elliott has 6 Platinum Albums under her belt. Making history as the first female rapper to do so.
Missy Elliott Shares Elation With Her 6th Platinum Album Status With Fans
Missy Elliott has gone Platinum with yet another album.
The rapper keeps adding accomplishments to her resume.
As she has been rising up since she hopped on the scene back in 1991.
After more than 15 years since its release, on January 26th, her project, “The Cookbook” was RIAA Platinum Certified.
That makes #6 yall!
According to Atlanta Records, who congratulated the “Supa Dupa Fly” artist on her achievement.
However, Missy took to Twitter herself to personally express her elation by posting –
“This is a HUGE MILESTONE! No matter how long it took to get here I am here & I AM HUMBLYGRATEFUL…To all my SISTERS in HIP HOP yall keep doing yall thang and SHINING”
A few months ago, in November, the five-time Grammy Award-winning musical icon received her star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
And now this!
Here are all 6 albums that fall under the Missy Elliott Certified Platinum umbrella –
- SUPA DUPA FLY (released on July 3, 1997, RIAA certified Platinum on September 19, 1997)
- THE REAL WORLD (released on June 8, 1999, RIAA certified Platinum on February 4, 2000)
- MISS E…SO ADDICTIVE (released on April 26, 2001, RIAA certified Platinum on July 18, 2001)
- UNDER CONSTRUCTION (released on November 12, 2002, RIAA certified Platinum on July 14, 2003)
- THIS IS NOT A TEST (released on November 25, 2003, RIAA certified Platinum on December 17, 2003)
- THE COOKBOOK (released on July 5, 2005, RIAA certified Platinum on January 26, 2022)
As reported by The Source,
Congratulations, Missy! We’re sure this is only the beginning of much more to come.