Nipsey Hussle songwriter says he never got paid. Filing a claim this week against the estate of Nipsey Hussle, a songwriter says he wants his money.
Songwriter Claims He Never Gave Permission For Nip To Use His Work
Dropping in February 2018, Nipsey Hussle put out his debut album, Victory Lap. Featured on the project is a track called Rap Ni**as in which a songwriter by the name of Bradley Cooper claims to have written.
Even though Cooper is believing that the estate of Hussle owes him something, he does not specify how much he believes he is due. As reported by TMZ, documents show that Bradley Cooper is making the following claims, that he –
- collaborated with Nip on his last album, but never got paid
- along with 2 others, teamed up in 2013 to write the music that would be used in Rap Ni**as
- copyrighted his work in December of 2017
- never gave permission for Nipsey Hussle to use his work
- was never paid any royalties, nor was royalties paid to the other 2 composers
Not the only claim to be made against the slain rapper, singer Tasleema Yasin also filed a claim last week. Claiming that she wrote and performed a vocal phrase used on the Hussle & Motivate, she wants a little bit of Nips estate also.
What do you guys think, are these folks just tryin’ to get a piece of the Nipsey Hussle pie?
Click on the photo above for more Nipsey Hussle stories.