Eminem Inducted By Dr. Dre Into Hall Of Fame
Eminem was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame. Dr. Dre did the honor at a ceremony held on Saturday.
Eminem Inducted Into The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame By Dr. Dre
Dr. Dre did the honors in a ceremony for the Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. which was held in L.A. at the Microsoft Theatre.
You can see Dre speaking on behalf of 50-year-old Em – real name Marshall Bruce Mathers III – at the show below.
It was a huge night for music.
Here is the full list of the inductees for this year’s 37th Annual Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame –
- Pat Benetar and hubby/collaborator Neil Giraldo (inducted by Sheryl Crow)
- Duran Duran (inducted by actor Robert Downey, Jr.)
- Eminem (honored by Dr. Dre)
- Eurythmics (inducted by U2 guitarist, The Edge)
- Dolly Parton (inducted by Pink)
- Lionel Richie (inducted by Lenny Kravitz)
- Carly Simon (inducted by Sara Bareilles)
- Judas Priest (Musical Excellence Award presented by Alice Cooper)
- Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis (bestowed by Janet Jackson)
- Jimmy Iovine (honored with Rock Hall’s Ahmet Ertegun Award by Bruce Springsteen)
- Allen Grubman (Ahmet Ertegan Award)
- Sylvia Robinson (Ahmet Ertegun Award)
- Harry Belafonte (Early Influence)
- Elizabeth Cotten (Early Influence)
As you can see, the names of those inducting the legends were just as impressive as the inductees themselves.
Dre Expresses How He Didn’t Realize Eminem Was A White Guy
Dre spoke highly of his hip-hop friend, sharing about the time he first heard of Em –
“Over 20 years ago, Jimmy Iovine, who is also one of tonight’s inductees and one of my best friends, played a demo tape for me from a guy who called himself Eminem. The first thing I said when I heard it was, ‘What the fuck did he just say?’ I loved it so much that I couldn’t stop listening to it.”
“A few days later, Jimmy called me and said, ‘You know he’s a White guy, right?’ Fucked me up! Looking back, I don’t know why it didn’t cross my mind. He certainly didn’t sound like a Black rapper, especially because of what he was saying. I guess it was my ignorance at the time, thinking that if you’re a really good rapper, you must be Black.”
Check out Dr. Dre speaking on Eminem below –
— Rock The Bells (@RockTheBells) November 7, 2022
After a dynamic performance at the show, Em had this to say –
The 37th Annual Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony sponsored by City National Bank will air on Saturday, November 19 at 8 p.m. ET on HBO.
According to their website, it is also being made for streaming on HBO Max alongside a radio simulcast on SiriusXM’s Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Radio channel 310 and Volume in the SXM App.