Famous Dex will spend 364 days in jail. He’s been locked up since November of last year.
Famous Dex Has Several Run-Ins With The Law
Famous Dex (real name DEXTER TIEWON GORE JR.) is facing jail time.
After debuting his first studio album, “Dexter Meets Dexter” in 2018, he’s been in nothing but trouble, including –
- during a performance, Gore jumped into an audience and caused chaos to ensue, causing the event to be shut down
- allegations were made that someone from his vehicle pointed a gun at students in that same event
- making racially charged remarks toward an Indian-American Hindu gas station attendant
- a history of substance abuse, which led to a stint in a rehab facility
- suffering a seizure while performing on stage in 2019
The rapper is convicted of multiple charges, including domestic violence, gun possession, and terroristic threats.
After being sentenced on September 1st to just one day shy of a year, Dex is headed to Men’s Central Jail in Los Angeles, California.
Back in October 2020, the rapper was involved in a domestic abuse incident.
However, a protective order was served on him after he violated that order.
Additionally, the “Pick it up” rapper was charged with 19 counts of gun possession and domestic violence charges. 19 counts!
This encompassed 3 different incidents.
One such incident was captured on video, where he was seen chasing his girlfriend down a hallway and striking her several times.
In these latest charges, the rapper was charged with domestic violence, gun possession, and terroristic threats.
His sentence gives him credit for time served. Therefore, the 28-year-old rapper is not due out until November 24, 2021.
This rapper has worked with Hip Hop’s ASAP Rocky, Lil Baby, Jay Critch, and Rich The Kid. Also, he appeared in a music video with Soulja Boy.
Let’s hope this young man gets his life together. Seems he had plenty of time to think about it. We’ll see.